Lake Casitas Rowing Association
Southern California – Ventura County Region
Lake Casitas Rowing Association offers rowing lessons and teams to members of our community. We currently have people rowing in our various programs from age 13 to 80 years old. There are many opportunities to try rowing, whether in our single-day Learn to Row events, in our 3-weekend summer programs, by taking private lessons, or by joining year-round teams that practice on a regular basis for either recreation or competitive racing.
- High School Team (FALL ROWING Aug-Dec. SPRING ROWING Jan-May) Athletes can do Fall and Spring, or, just Spring if doing another Fall sport.
- Middle School 6th-8th Grade Weekend Team (FALL ROWING Season Aug-Dec. SPRING ROWING Season Jan-May) Athletes can do one or both.
Also summer camps.
- Adult Masters (Year Round)
- Adult Novice Beginner Team (Year Round)
- Adult “Casitas Crew-zers”, an 8:30am team for recreational rowers
- Adult Independent Sculling (Year Round)
- Summer Programs (June – August)
- One-on-one & Small Group Lessons (Year Round)
- Youth Outreach and Community Learn to Row events (Year Round)
- Adaptive Rowing (Year Round)
- Corporate Team building programs (Year Round)
Casitas Rowing is a nonprofit corporation organized under the General Nonprofit Corporation law of the State of California to provide an educational program with ongoing community instruction and training of juniors and adults in the art of rowing. Our purpose is to promote a lifetime appreciation of fitness, recreation, environmental awareness of issues surrounding Lake Casitas, and in particular, positive and wholesome development of our county’s youth.
Our programs emphasize fitness and team spirit. Members participate in social events throughout the year. Casitas Club Day and the Club Banquet are two traditional events held annually to honor and recognize our team members.