Lake Casitas High Performance Sculling Camps
Intensive Coaching for Rapid Performance Gains
Personalized training with elite coaches is the best way for experienced rowers to make rapid performance gains and improvements in technique.
Our high performance camps take place in scenic Southern California and include three consecutive days of six highly-personalized water sessions, typically starting on a Friday afternoon and ending Sunday midday.
Our August 2011 Camp sold out quickly and was
highly rated by participants.
No camps currently scheduled; contact us to hear
anticipated timing of our next camp experience!
Casitas High Performance Camps are for experienced scullers looking for high end sculling training from former National team rowers and gold medal national championship coaches. Camps are limited to a small number of athletes to keep sessions personalized and maximize coaching time. Participation is only for those with at least 2 years of rowing and/or sculling experience.
Why Casitas Camps?
REASON #1 – Top ranked Sculling water on the West Coast
REASON #2 – National Championship Level Coaches
REASON #3 – Historic Waterway and home of the 1984 Olympics
REASON #4 – Personalized ELITE LEVEL COACHING and one-on-one training from people who have been in fast boats and have created national championship crews
What you get:
- Six on-the-water training sessions
- Personalized coaching from National Level Instructors
- Maximum of 5:1 ratio of Athletes-to-Coaches
- Erg training and fitness development secrets
- Video recording and review between sessions
- On-site massage therapist
- Select meals and small plates catered
- Each athlete gets a personalized videotaped recording with frame-by-frame critique from coaches
- All athletes receive the Updated Camp Athlete Handbook with tips on rigging, eating for performance, training secrets, flexibility routines, injury prevention, and more.
- Post-training hospitality time with your teammates and coaches.
- On-land chalk talk from **5-time USA World Championship 1x Sculler** James Martinez on topics like rigging, eating for performance, rowing to win, how to achieve your biggest rowing goals, and more.
- Interactive roundtable discussion with Eric Gillett, World Champship silver medalist in the lightweight eight on Making Your Rowing Dreams Pay Off
Camps do not include lodging; certain meals are included as indicated on the schedule provided in advance.
Boats will be provided by Casitas Rowing. Some sessions will be in singles while others may use team boats such as doubles or a quad.
Contact us for info on upcoming camps.