high school rowing – mens team
WANTED: Hard Working Athletes
… think you have what it takes?
NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED … BEGINNERS WELCOME
Come to one of our Summer Camps, or
try out in the Fall / Spring and
Start FALL Rowing Season (Starts September 2015)
Start SPRING Rowing Season (Starts January 2016)
1) Are you an strong athlete looking for a serious challenge?
2) Do you want to go farther than you are with your current sport?
3) Are you working hard at your current sport, but not getting the results you want?
4) Have you tried all sports, and are ready for something different?
5) Want more opportunities with college admissions?
6) Looking for a team of exciting people who are great students and lifelong friends?
PRACTICE SCHEDULE 2015 – 2016 season:
Tuesday 3:45pm – 6:00pm
Wednesday 3:45pm – 6:00pm
Thursday 3:45pm – 6:00pm
Friday 3:45pm – 6:00pm
SATURDAY 8:30am – 11:30am
* No Experience Necessary
* Start with FALL Rowing or
* Start with SPRING Rowing After Your Fall / Winter Sports end
* (SPRING Training and Racing is Required)
* Excellent Freshman Racing Category, Racing Other Teams in Same Age Range
* 60+ Junior Athletes
* Nationally Ranked Crews
* Dynamic Training Programs
* Elite Level Coaches
* This sport directly rewards athletes that work hard and can show results
* Over $250,000 of Collegiate / Elite Level Racing Equipment
* In Rowing … Everyone Trains, Everyone Races.
* Practice 5 Days per Week
* Openweight Racing Categories
* Lightweight Racing Events (150 pounds and under)
* Opportunities for Smaller Competitive Athletes as Coxswains
* Fit / Skilled Athletes Grades 10-12 Have an Opportunity to Row Varsity Their First Year.
* Travel to Regattas in Long Beach, Newport Beach, San Diego, Sacramento
* Qualifying Varsity Crews Attend National Championships in New Jersey
* Casitas Rowing Scholarships Available for Families that Demonstrate Financial Need
– Rowing on the water, in boats (Aerobic, AT, Transportation, Anaerobic)
– Training on ergometers (Rowing machines)
– Strength and Conditioning Days (Weight Lifting and General Circuit Training)
– Running (Flat land, stadiums, beach runs, and hills)
To get started : Contact Coach Wendy at 805-642-2288 for more info and to sign up, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mens Novice Team
The High School Novice Teams are for Freshman, Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors in their first year of rowing. We have both Fall training and racing, plus Spring training and racing. Athletes that wish to continue with the sport are expected to participate in Spring training and racing. This team travels to compete both in regional and state level regattas with the Championship Regatta held in Sacramento in May. Teams include both rowers and coxswains.
Mens Varsity Team
Once they have completed their novice year, athletes are automatically moved up to the Varsity squad. This program is for experienced rowers. We have both open weight mens crews, as well as lightweight mens crews (150 pounds or less). Teams include both rowers and coxswains.
We’re looking for young men who are ready to learn how to be boat leaders. Boats have a rudder for steering and call out the practice routine, coach technique and execute the race strategy at regattas. We spend a lot of time teaching these athletes how to do their job so they know what to do, and how to do it well. Our coaches have spent years working with Olympic coxswains and know how to help guide athletes in this exciting position. A typical boat will have eight rowers and one coxswain. We look for motivated competitors who are outgoing and naturally talkative. Generally the coxswains are smaller and weigh less than the rowers, with guy coxswains for the boys team typically being under 120/ 130 pounds throughout high school.
Casitas Rowing SCHOLARSHIPS
We provide a robust and inclusive community supported scholarship program that makes it so almost everyone who wants to row, can. Scholarships are awarded based on financial need for the region we live in, and is decided on by a committee of thoughtful and dedicated club board members. Our goal is to get the kids that are committed to the team out on the water rowing.
There is a 2-week no commitment free trial period when a high school or middle school athlete first starts. Then, if the athlete makes the team, junior dues are broken out into 2 payments. Fall payment of $1,500 is to be paid in September, OR, if needed we can break it out into 4 payments of $375. Then, Spring dues of $1,875 are paid in January for rowing January to Championships in May. This can be 5 payments of $375 for Spring if needed. There is a “multi-family member” discount for families with either siblings rowing, or, if both a parent is on the masters and a child on the junior team. We want to make sure that any kid who wants to row, can, and that financial issues are not a factor in deterring athletes or their families. Please talk to us about options if you would like more information, our goal is to get these kids out there on the team.
Welcome to the Casitas Rowing Mens High School Team!
Let’s get started today!
Cal Berkeley Video….above
University Washington video…below
Buena High School Rowing Team.
Carpinteria High School Rowing Team.
Chaparral High School Rowing Team.
El Camino High School Rowing Team.
Foothill Technology High School Rowing Team.
Nordhoff High School Rowing Team.
Oak Grove School Rowing Team.
Ojai Valley School Rowing Team.
Oxnard High School Rowing Team.
Pacific High School Rowing Team.
Rincon / Foothill High School Rowing Team.
St. Augustine Academy Rowing Team.
St. Bonaventure Rowing Team.
Ventura High School Rowing Team.
Villanova Prep Rowing Team.
… and many others.