high school rowing – womens team
WANTED: Hard Working Athletes
… think you have what it takes?
Come to one of our Summer Camps, or
try out in the Fall / Spring and
Start FALL Rowing Season (Starts September 2015)
Start SPRING Rowing Season (Starts January 2016)
1) Are you an strong athlete looking for a serious challenge?
2) Do you want to go farther than you are with your current sport?
3) Are you working hard at your current sport, but not getting the results you want?
4) Have you tried all sports, and are ready for something different?
5) Want more opportunities with college admissions and scholarships?
6) Looking for a team of exciting people who are great students and lifelong friends?
PRACTICE SCHEDULE 2015 – 2016 season:
Tuesday 3:45pm – 6:00pm
Wednesday 3:45pm – 6:00pm
Thursday 3:45pm – 6:00pm
Friday 3:45pm – 6:00pm
SATURDAY 8:30am – 11:30am
* No Experience Necessary
* Start with FALL Rowing or
* Start with SPRING Rowing After Your Fall / Winter Sports end
* (SPRING Training and Racing is Required)
* Excellent Freshman Racing Category, Racing Other Teams in Same Age Range
* 60+ Junior Athletes
* Nationally Ranked Crews
* Dynamic Training Programs
* Elite Level Coaches
* This sport directly rewards athletes that work hard and can show results
* Over $250,000 of Elite Level Racing Equipment
* In Rowing … Everyone Trains, Everyone Races.
* Practice 5 Days per Week
* Openweight Racing Categories
* Lightweight Racing Events (150 pounds and under)
* Opportunities for Smaller Competitive Athletes as Coxswains
* Fit / Skilled Athletes Grades 10-12 Have an Opportunity to Row Varsity Their First Year.
* Travel to Regattas in Long Beach, Newport Beach, San Diego, Sacramento
* Qualifying Varsity Crews Attend National Championships in New Jersey
* Casitas Rowing Scholarships Available for Families that Demonstrate Financial Need
– Rowing on the water, in boats (Aerobic, AT, Transportation, Anaerobic)
– Training on ergometers (Rowing machines)
– Strength and Conditioning Days (Weight Lifting and General Circuit Training)
– Running (Flat land and hills)
To get started : Contact Coach Wendy at 805-642-2288 for more info and to sign up, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The High School Novice Teams are for Freshman, Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors in their first year of rowing. We have both Fall training and racing, plus Spring training and racing. Athletes that wish to continue with the sport are expected to participate in Spring training and racing. This team travels to compete both in regional and state level regattas, with the State Championship Regatta held in Sacramento in May. Teams include both rowers and coxswains. There are some opportunities for Novice athletes to race in the Varsity boats.
Once they have completed their novice year, athletes are moved up to the Varsity squad. This program is for experienced rowers. We have both open weight womens crews as well as lightweight womens crews (130 pounds and below). Teams include both rowers and coxswains.
Coxswains are the boat leaders, they have a rudder for steering and call out the practice routine and race strategy at regattas. A typical boat will have eight rowers and one coxswain. We look for motivated people who are outgoing and naturally talkative. Generally the coxswains are smaller and weigh less than the rowers, with coxswains for the girls teams typically being under 115 pounds throughout high school.
Let’s get started today!